I believe the way a dish is presented matters a lot, I feel it enhances the taste.
So early Sunday morning, I went out and got myself a set of ramekins. Back home, I had the chopping board in place and the ingredients were laid out. The guavas were all pink and ripe; just perfect.
Ripe guavas – 2
Condensed milk – 2/3 can
Whipping cream – 1 small packet
Fresh lemon juice – 1/2 lemon
1. Cut up the guavas in small chunks and chuck them in a blender.
2. Add the whipping cream, condensed milk and fresh lemon juice.
3. First start the bender on the lowest speed then the highest one, till the mixture takes on a creamy consistency.
4. Sieve out the seeds and pour the mixture in moulds. Be careful not to let it overflow.
5. Refrigerate for at least four hours.
When you take out the mousse, add strawberry syrup for additional sweetness or beauty.
I honestly prefer it as is.
And ta da – all done!
It’s not too sweet; it’s just perfect. I would recommend everyone to try this at least once.