Plus this recipe is a winner! It’s so simple, does not require any lengthy marinating and is super flavourful.
With winter raging on around us, warm comfort food is all the rage – so let’s get fishy with it.
Fish fillet – 400 grams
Salt – ½ tsp
Black pepper – ½ tsp
Flour – ½ cup
Cornflour – 3 tbsp
Egg – 1
Water – as required
Oil – for deep frying
For the sauce:
Oil – ¼ cup
Salt – ½ tsp
Ginger julienne – 1 tbsp
Garlic paste – 1tsp
Ketchup – ½ cup
Chilli sauce – 3 tbsp
Vinegar – 1 tbsp
Soy sauce – 1 tbsp
Sugar – 2 tsp
1. Marinate the fish fillets with salt and black pepper.
2. In a separate bowl, mix together cornflour, flour, the egg and water until you get a thick consistency.
3. Then dip the marinated fish fillets in the batter and deep fry until golden. Set aside.
4. In a frying pan, heat oil and add ginger and garlic. Cook until light golden.
5. Stir in the ketchup, chilli sauce, soy sauce, vinegar and sugar.
6. Add the fried fish fillets and toss them in the sauce.
7. Cook for another 2-3 minutes, garnish with spring onions and serve.
*A multi-year, multi-platform campaign that is harnessing the power of film, television and new media to generate greater global awareness of the ocean’s importance to society.